Radical reductions in the cost of launching satellites with sophisticated multispectral imaging technologies, coupled with advances in elastic computing and AI, has opened up exciting new possibilities. A wide variety of new applications for business impact are now possible, in areas ranging from agriculture, to quantitative finance, to lead generation. We discuss challenges and opportunities through our experiences.
- An overview of the state of the satellite imaging industry for business applications
- What kinds of satellite data sources are available for real business applications
- What kinds of data infrastructures and processing pipelines are available and well-suited to various kinds of data sources and business applications
- Examples of how satellite imagery is used to real-life examples related to agriculture, quantitative finance, and lead generation
- Introduction to AWS Machine Learning platform and AWS Ground Station with use cases